As we continue on lockdown due to the coronavirus quarantine, we have lost our normal routines, our daily purpose and the connections we have with those outside of our homes and households. This is a challenging time for us all!
As the lockdown continues and we seek ways to preserve our mental and emotional wellness, the following meditations were all recorded on Facebook live during the first few days of the COVID-19 shutdown. I hope that they serve you in whichever way will be most appropriate for your particular situation.
- A steadying meditation to reconnect and ground during a time of uncertainty
2. Meditation to remind us of feeling joy – Breathing a smile
3. Anxiety busting meditation to return to feeling calmer and more in control
4. A kindness-based meditation to help us make positive emotional and mental choices during times of change
5. Reflection and gratitude – a beautiful practice recorded on Easter Sunday, perfect for use every day or whenever the spirits need boosting
Cathy Richardson is a yoga therapist and teacher, cognitive master coach and meditation guide. Yoga is a second career for Cathy, alongside 30 years of HR consulting experience, mostly in the automotive, engineering and sales distribution sectors, where she specialises in talent acquisition and team building, employer branding and employee wellness. Cathy is open about her own personal mental and physical health journey, and teaches from a place of personal experience. Her yoga therapy expertise subjects are sleep issues, anxiety and depression resulting in back pain, and holistic wellness in the workplace.
Please email Cathy here if you would like to chat, connect, seek help or simply see a friendly online face during this challenging time.