At Diversity Yoga, we are keen to ensure that we return to our yoga practice safely once classes re-open on 11th August.
Your health and wellness is and always will be a key priority!
As we returned safely to classes in Farnborough on 11th August, attendees responded as follows to the measures we put in place:
Barbara: “I thoroughly enjoyed joining you for yoga, in a safe and clean environment, and get some great relaxation to boot”
Sharon: “It was nice to be back on the mat with real people! I was very impressed with the set up and felt completely safe. Thank you for making it possible”
Helen: “Thank you for finding a way to have classes comfortably and safely. It was certainly a different greeting with masks and a thermometer before being allowed into the building, but once in and on the mat it was just like it used be, but with a bit ore to spread out. Looking forward to more of the same”
Caroline: Thanks so much for your precautions. It felt like a safe environment”
Kaye: “It felt very safe, the checks were not a problem. Safer than going to Sainsbury’s!”
Chris: “Just to let you know yesterday evening’s class felt safe and was led in a controlled manner. As usual, I came out feeling better than when I went in despite the heat! Many thanks Cathy another great class!”
To help us keep you safe, please take note of the following:
- Enjoy your yoga! I will do my best to make it as enjoyable, comfortable and safe as possible
- Wear a face mask for arriving and departing
- Use the sanitising station when you arrive
- Be ready to have your temperature taken on arrival, before entering the yoga room
- Book your place in the class via the booking app. This will help us to manage attendance to ensure we don’t have too many in the class. It will also aid us with tracking and tracing if anyone gets ill and we need to notify you
- Only use the space designated to you for you practice. Please respect the minimum 1 meter spacing rule, and allow others the space they need to feel safe
- Bring as little as possible baggage, and a small bag to keep it in. There will not be access to drawers or storage space, so you will need to keep your bits close to your mat. The same goes for water bottles. It will not be possible to refill your water bottle on site.
- Have your pre-yoga toilet visit at home – the washrooms will not be available
- Watch for the previous class exiting before you enter the building. I will wait for everyone to be present before the class starts
- Fill the room from the far corner first, where spaces have been marked out. We will exit the room from the front, to avoid passing each other too frequently
- If you feel unwell, have any symptoms whatsoever, or had potentially been exposed to someone else who may be infected, please do not come to yoga. Your class pass will be put on hold if you are unwell so you will not lose anything whilst you are in quarantine or recovery
- Don’t leave your shoes in the passage. Although it’s our custom to leave shoes outside normally, remove them before you come into the yoga room. Bring a bag for your shoes and leave them at the top of your mat, with your other bits.
- Don’t use any of studio equipment. There will be no mats or props available. Please bring your own mat and blocks. There is still time to buy these online, especially if you know you need several blocks to assist your practice.
- Don’t close doors and windows. The room will be well-ventilated to give you the best and safest possible practice.
- Don’t arrive more than 5 minutes before class start time, to avoid queueing wherever possible.
HOW TO BOOK: We will return to using the booking app as before. Bookings will open a week before the next class. Because class sizes will be limited to only 10, there will most likely be waiting lists so please cancel your booking with enough notice for someone else to take your place, and to avoid losing a class pass.
CLASS PASSES ON HOLD: If you had class passes valid before lockdown, these are still valid and have been placed on hold for you. I will activate them the week before we start back. You will receive an email to confirm how many passes you still have left. As mentioned, if you get ill or need to quarantine, our class pass will be put on hold as soon as I am informed by email.
QUESTIONS? Please don’t hesitate to call me or email me here if you are concerned or have any questions.
I look forward to seeing you back on the mat!